Summer 2018 Program Dates: June 4 - August 2, 2018
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018*
*Please note that we will not begin reviewing applications until the deadline date
Visit the Summer Legal Internship Program Page for further information.
Although tasks vary depending on the nature of the work in progress during the internship and the office's casework type, Summer Legal Interns can expect their tasks to include:
- Conducting legal research to be used as reference material according to casework type;
- Writing legal briefs on legal issues for trials and court appeals;
- Inputting case details into Casework Tracking Management System;
- Drafting correspondence to Public Officials;
- Assisting in case management and trial preparation;
- Reviewing Reports to assist IJM advocates with their case reporting;
- Providing analysis of cases and identifying strengths and weaknesses of potential witnesses to assist the advocates with witness preparation;
- Assisting in operations and inquiries;
- Legal administration & information management; and
- Participating in government meetings, where appropriate.
Positions may be available in: Manila, Philippines; Cebu, Philippines; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Chiang Mai, Thailand; Bangkok, Thailand; Bangalore, India; Kolkata, India; Chennai, India; Delhi, India; Mumbai, India; Kampala, Uganda; Gulu, Uganda; Accra, Ghana; La Paz, Bolivia; Guatemala City, Guatemala; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; or Washington, D.C.
Internships | Summer Legal
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.