IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After nearly two decades of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting the poor from violence, IJM has become an $80 million organization with 1000 global employees. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, the President of IJM US is looking for an innovative and strategic leader to serve as the Head of Mid-Level Giving Program in the United States. This leader will shape and lead IJM’s vision and strategy for harnessing the full US market potential for mid-level donor revenue to fuel the mission. This leader will be a key voice in IJM’s donor and influencer acquisition, fundraising and retention strategies, ensuring high levels of strategic integration and effectiveness across teams.
This position is based in the Washington, DC area, and reports to the President of IJM US.
• Lead and execute IJM’s strategy and innovation to scale US mid-level giving consistent with IJM’s global, regional and local strategic priorities.
• Deliver exceptional donor journey and experience, driving industry leading retention, deepening engagement and long-term financial partnership.
• Partner and collaborate across the organization to strengthen and empower donors to maximize their impact on the mission.
• Manage and build a joyful, cohesive and highly effective team of servant hearted leaders with deepening engagement and embodiment of IJM’s operational values.
• Secure, develop and retain top talent for the mission.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in development or fundraising successfully developing and managing business processes and projects.
• Proven leader of people and team builder around shared vision and strategy.
• Proven experience sustaining annual growth with a portfolio of donors or customers.
• Proven experience successfully leading the annual marketing communication plan for donor audiences.
• Proven capability to distill research and learning into industry best practices.
• Highly developed capacity to accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of programs and to make appropriate adjustments.
• Salesforce experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.