Now accepting applications for September 2020 Interns and Fellows (Duration 12 Months)
Orientation Week: June 8th - June 12th, 2020 at IJM Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Please note that we are typically inundated with applications. We greatly appreciate your patience as we carefully review each candidate and ask that you hold your questions until contacted for an interview.
In seeking justice for the vulnerable, IJM partners with churches which desire to bring justice, hope, and restoration to victims and survivors of violence. Partnerships Interns and Fellows will support IJM national staff by building community involvement and engaging with the people of God. Depending on your level of experience, your role may involve some of the following responsibilities as well as other relevant duties assigned by the Field Office Director or Supervisor.
• Secure opportunities for IJM to conduct training for churches, community leaders and the general population;
• Develop and deliver sound theological messages on the biblical call of justice to churches;
• Network/develop key relationships with denominational leaders, civic leaders and pastors;
• Work with existing partnerships in your field office;
• Track monthly targets and maintain reporting dashboard;
• Maintain promotional materials, inventory and ledger;
• Provide administrative support to the department; and
• Other departmental support as needed.
Positions may be available in: Manila, Philippines; Cebu, Philippines; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Bangkok, Thailand; Bangalore, India; Kolkata, India; Chennai, India; Delhi, India; Mumbai, India; Fort Portal, Uganda; Kampala, Uganda; Gulu, Uganda; Accra, Ghana; Bucharest, Romania; La Paz, Bolivia; Guatemala City, Guatemala; or Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Not every position will be available in every office.
To apply, please upload the following items compiled into one document: (Please note, applications missing one or more of these items will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.)
**When you apply, you will be asked to provide the names and contact information for two references; one Work or Academic Reference and one Spiritual Reference. Please note that if we move forward with your application, we may be contacting them for further information about your candidacy.
All IJM internships and fellowships are unpaid positions. Interns and fellows are expected to financially support themselves throughout the duration of their time of service.