IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is looking for a proven, visionary leader to serve as the National Director of Strategic Partnerships. The National Director of Strategic Partnerships will lead IJM’s vision and strategy for securing the full US market potential for major donor revenue to fuel the mission. This leader will shape IJM’s overall North America regional and US donor and influencer acquisition, fundraising, and retention strategies, ensuring high levels of strategic integration and effectiveness across cross functional teams.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the President for IJM United States.
• Ensure the Strategic Partnerships team is a joyful, cohesive and effective team of servant-hearted leaders who successfully deepen donor engagement and embody IJM’s operational values;
• Develop and execute market-based strategies to scale US major donor revenue consistent with global, regional, and local strategic priorities;
• Shape North America and US acquisition and fundraising strategies;
• Accurately forecast and achieve revenue and expense budgets;
• Data capture and hygiene that drives effectiveness and learning;
• Ensure excellence in donor journey and experience, yielding industry-leading retention and passionate engagement;
• Generate leads and strategic opportunities for other strategic audience owners;
• Acquire and retain top talent; and
• Represent IJM with inspiration and excellence as a high-level spokesperson for the mission.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred);
• 10 years proven visionary and strategic leadership experience developing joyful, cohesive, and highly effective teams;
• Proven track record leading high impact strategy development across cross-functional teams;
• Proven track record moving organizational priorities beyond area of responsibility; and
• Demonstrated experience building highly effective, donor-centric major gift fundraising program.
• Knowledge of Salesforce CRM a plus.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Demonstrated success driving innovation and clear examples of new ideas that lead to increased giving and retention;
• Superior leadership skills with the capacity to manage many projects and inspire strong leaders; and
• Proven effectiveness as a confident and compelling public speaker who moves people to action;
• Visionary, Strategic Leadership style;
• A mature spiritual leader with the ability to coach others in spiritual formation;
• High emotional and cultural intelligence;
• Globally-minded and innovative;
• Entrepreneurial and resourceful;
• Decisive and tenacious in achieving goals; and
• Adept at change leadership and orientation.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.