IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a driven, excellent professional to develop, edit, and optimize all IJM’s digital platforms by performing the following: building out webpages, executing mass emails, creating online give forms and P2P pages, executing IJM community edits, maintaining IJM’s Shopify e-store, and regularly optimizing and maintaining IJM.org. The Front-End Web Developer will enable the execution of IJM North America’s overall digital strategy, digital campaigns, and projects that raise revenue, advocacy, and prayer to end slavery in our lifetime. The successful candidate will be driven by producing excellent and timely work that enables high-functioning digital performance. The Front-End Web Developer will take pride and joy in excellent, detail-oriented work that produces engaging experiences, leading and inspiring the masses to take action.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Regional Director, Marketing Campaigns.
• Build, schedule, and send emails on time, with accuracy, and with an engaging user experience;
• Create, optimize, and deliver web pages on schedule to support project-based strategies;
• Create and optimize give forms on schedule, leading to shorter load times, better user experience, and, ultimately, higher conversion rates;
• Maintain digital performance across all platforms, including: Craft CMS, Marketing Cloud, and others;
• Identify and recommend improvements and optimizations for IJM.org, Marketing Cloud, and other platforms;
• Maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external contractors;
• Implement analytics and tracking for all digital campaigns;
• Taking lead from the Creative team and Digital Strategist, build out UI/UX designs with proper functionality on all devices, especially mobile; and
• Address and resolve web issues in a timely fashion.
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• 2+ years’ experience in web development and coding;
• 2+ years’ experience with Salesforce suite of products;
• Knowledge of responsive design, web standards, and best practice;
• Strong and proven ability to code responsive webpages and emails that are optimized for mobile, tablet, and desktop;
• Proven understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues, with experience resolving them;
• Proven understanding of digital marketing and optimizing lead conversions;
• Craft CMS experience;
• Experience with Google analytics;
• Working knowledge of SQL and ampscript;
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, with the ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image; and
• Familiarity with Photoshop preferred.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Excellent time management skills;
• Highly efficient; and
• Extremely detail-oriented – the person in this role is the last line of defense for assuring links are correct and all copy is typo-free and brand compliant before digital deliverables go live to constituents.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.