IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking a highly experienced, service-minded professional to provide leadership in the development and management of IJM’s global portfolio of priorities. The Specialist, Global Portfolio Management will work with IJM’s global leadership team to link IJM’s global strategy to its most important strategic priorities, ensuring timely and transparent management and reporting on all enterprise initiatives. Additionally, this role will establish and manage IJM’s global project management methodologies, processes, and systems, as well as provide coaching to project management professionals across the organization.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Vice President, Global Strategy and Execution.
Global Portfolio Management
• Manage IJM’s global portfolio of enterprise projects, serving as the “voice of the front line” to ensure IJM’s workplan matches its resources and will empower staff in IJM’s regional and country offices;
• Ensure IJM’s global strategy is broken down into initiatives that will accelerate said strategy, utilizing top-down and bottom-up analysis to identify gaps and sequencing issues and raising those challenges to the Global Leadership team to find resolution; and
• Provide support to IJM’s Regional Presidents in implementing regional portfolio management that ladders up to the global portfolio.
Enterprise Initiatives and Reporting
• Work with the Vice President, Global Strategy and Execution to assign enterprise projects as needed to project management staff;
• Provide oversight to enterprise initiatives, ensuring project management is compliant with global standards; and
• Oversee reporting on all enterprise projects (including technology projects), ensuring transparency and accountability regarding results and return on investment.
Project Management Standards and Training
• Implement and oversee IJM’s accepted project management methodologies, working with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure all teams are aligned with accepted methodologies and operating within consistent frameworks, templates, and processes;
• Determine criteria that the global leadership team can use to approve spending resources on new initiatives; and
• Build and lead beginner and advanced project management trainings for IJM project management professionals globally, building IJM’s competency and pipeline for effective project management.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in portfolio and project management, ideally with experience in the nonprofit sector; and
• Certified PMP, PfMP, Agile ScrumMaster, or eligible to take the exam.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral);
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Proactive, creative problem solver;
• Team player with a positive, solution-oriented attitude; and
• Flexible and productive under pressure.
What does IJM have to offer?
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Monthly commuter and parking benefits
- Generous 6% retirement contribution
- Paid leave starting at 23 days
- 11 holidays (plus early release the day prior)
- Relocation reimbursement
- Daily, quarterly and annual community spiritual formation
- Robust staff care resources
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.