IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, our global team is at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
The Chief Brand and Communications Officer reports to the Global President and will provide visionary leadership to the development and execution of IJM’s global Brand and Communications strategy for the purpose of catalyzing a global revolution that rescues millions, protects half a billion, and makes justice for the poor unstoppable. Based in IJM’s Washington, D.C. office, the Chief Brand and Communications Officer will lead a global team in the successful projection of IJM’s brand to strategic centers of power and influence, providing critical credibility and powerful momentum to IJM’s advocacy, partnership, and justice system transformation initiatives.
Leadership & Management
• Serve on IJM’s Global Leadership Team and collaborate with the Global President and other global leaders to set strategy, priorities and targets for the global mission;
• Inspire, build, and lead a culture of world-class professional excellence across the global team. This includes building a team of brand and communications experts at the global center as well as providing support, oversight, and training to local brand and communications teams within Region and Country Offices;
• Ensure the health and vibrancy of the Global Brand and Communications team through inspiring and skillful professional leadership and mature spiritual shepherding in spiritual formation;
• Develop strong collaborative relationships of trust and empowerment with Regional and Local teams; and
• Lead crisis communications and reputational risk management.
Strategy and Implementation
• Develop, shepherd, and drive a clear and consistent global brand that influences all aspects of IJM’s operations and positions IJM as the go-to global leader on issues of slavery, violence and protection in the developing world;
• Build and implement a global brand and communications strategy that awakens the world to the severity and scale of the problem of everyday violence, demonstrates the connection between violence and other global development agendas, and creates a crticial sense of global urgency around fixing broken public justice systems so that vulnerable people are safe;
• Inspire and drive a culture of world-class visual storytelling across the IJM global team that cuts through the cacophony and noise to viscerally connect people to the intimate human reality of lawless violence and inspire them to compassionate action;
• Position Regional and Country teams as the readily recognized experts, network leaders, and trusted local partners in transforming justice systems to protect the poor from slavery and violence;
• Empower Regional and Country teams with a global brand framework and communication policies that both preserve the core strengths of global consistency and provide freedom for local contextualization;
• Build a story and information pipeline that protects the dignity and rights of our clients and facilitates the rapid dissemination of critical stories and information to global marketing and communications teams; and
• Facilitate business synergies across marketing and communications teams globally to promote knowledge sharing, best practices, innovation, efficiencies, and the application of strategic analytics and rigorous metrics.
Education and Experience
• Demonstrated experience of superior executive leadership with an elite, best-in-class global Brand and Communications enterprise;
• Demonstrated success developing and leading execution of a global Brand & Communications strategy that 1) exponentially accelerates strategic business objectives, and 2) revolutionizes the world’s understanding of an idea;
• Demonstrated success achieving aggressive and sustained enterprise growth, taking operations to scale, and creating genius networks that drive barrier-busting creativity and innovation to achieve consistently superior outcomes for the enterprise;
• Demonstrated success in building and leading diverse teams of exceptional strength, effectiveness, health and joy; and
• Minimum 15 years of experience in Brand, Marketing and Communications leadership.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills;
• Global perspective and effective at communicating cross culturally; and
• Confident and compelling public presenter with authentic leadership skills to rally the most senior leaders and the larger team to a new course of strategic, committed action.
• Mature Christian faith with proven ability to lead others in Christian spiritual formation;
• Humble and resilient;
• Manifests an embodiment of world-class professional excellence that attracts and inspires elite talent to teams;
• Fundamentally motivated by the thrill of seeing others empowered to succeed;
• Culturally aware and appreciative of differences;
• Strong service ethic;
• Relentlessly positive and innovative problem solver;
• Able to build trust and strong partnerships with others;
• Courageous in pursuing opportunities and challenges; and
• Tenacious in achieving goals.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.