IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
International Justice Mission is seeking a specialist with expertise in internet crimes against children (ICAC) to support development of law enforcement responsible for investigating cases of online sexual exploitation of children (OSEC). The ICAC Specialist will provide subject matter expertise and technical support to the Philippine law enforcement community, primarily the National Bureau of Investigation Anti-Human Trafficking Division (NBI AHTRAD), by partnering with law enforcement officials to investigate OSEC crimes, rescue victims, and ensure the lawful arrest and prosecution of suspected perpetrators. This individual will be responsible for training, developing, and mentoring law enforcement officers to sustainably strengthen the public justice system’s capacity to combat OSEC. The successful candidate will have a solid foundation of technical experience and law enforcement expertise, possess strong communication skills, be able to thrive in a dynamic environment, and be passionate about seeking justice.
This position is funded through grant funding and is contingent upon project award.
• Develop a thorough understanding of Philippine laws and criminal procedures regarding investigations, arrests, search and seizure, and the charging of perpetrators involved in OSEC;
• Provide guidance, expertise, and consultation to law enforcement on online investigations, specifically focusing on internet crimes against children (ICAC);
• Develop strong relationships with members of NBI AHTRAD and the international law enforcement community to ensure cooperation and collaboration;
• Provide expertise and assistance to Philippine and international law enforcement agencies conducting ICAC investigations, with primary support for NBI AHTRAD;
• Identify critical logistical and infrastructural needs for NBI AHTRAD to conduct anti-OSEC operations without IJM assistance and assist in lobbying for identified solutions;
• Assist and advise law enforcement officials (LEOs) conducting covert investigations online;
• Assist LEOs in developing and effectively pursuing credible investigative leads;
• Develop and maintain investigative and operational best practices related to ICAC for law enforcement and IJM personnel;
• Work with law enforcement and IJM personnel to develop Standard Operating Procedures and best practices for all critical aspects of ICAC investigations;
• Advise LEOs on the basics of search, seizure, examination, and preservation of digital evidence;
• Train and advise law enforcement officers on proper handling of digital evidence during operations, including computers and all related hardware;
• Provide expert technical consultation to law enforcement and prosecutors on digital evidence (whether online/cloud or device-based) identification, preservation, collection, analysis, and presentation in court;
• Assist law enforcement in the development of an effective, holistic wellness program for supervisors, investigators, and families of investigators involved in ICAC investigations;
• Support the Philippine National Director of Investigations & Law Enforcement Development (NDILED) in advocating for needed resources for law enforcement; and
• Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the NDILED.
• Minimum 5 years of experience conducting criminal investigations with a public law enforcement agency;
• Minimum 3 years of experience investigating ICAC/OSEC matters, including demonstrable familiarity and experience with CyberTipline reports of all kinds;
• Demonstrated expertise in online investigative techniques, including Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) collection and undercover online engagements;
• Ability to grasp Philippine law enforcement officials’ knowledge of sexually motivated offenders and translate that knowledge into application of effective undercover engagement strategies;
• Experienced and knowledgeable in proper handling of electronic / digital evidence;
• Familiarity with global law enforcement networks that combat ICAC/OSEC and sex trafficking;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to make complex technical concepts easy to understand; and
• Fluency in oral and written English.
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
• Leadership, team-building, coaching, training experience;
• Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice; and
• International/cross-cultural experience in development, relief, legal, law enforcement, or other fields.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering from injustice;
• Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Patient, flexible, and persistent;
• Unfailing integrity and honesty;
• Effective team player and leader;
• Works well under stress and minimal supervision;
• Punctual, manages time and resources effectively;
• Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor;
• Able to work effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting; and
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Competitive salary, relocation, and benefits package.
• This position is based in the IJM Philippines National Office in Metro Manila. Occasional travel (both national and international) will be required.
• This position reports to the National Director of Investigations & Law Enforcement Development.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.