International Justice Mission is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
International Justice Mission is seeking a professional Director of Investigations and Law Enforcement Development (DILED) to lead IJM’s ILED team in its Cebu Field Office. The DILED is responsible for developing, executing, and leading support to local Law Enforcement Officials (LEOs) and units investigating Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) / Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (OSEC), helping to ensure victims are rescued and suspects are arrested. The successful candidate must have a solid background in criminal investigations, specifically in online investigations (with additional experience investigating sexual abuse and exploitation of children), possess a basic foundation in digital evidence and forensics, possess strong communication skills, be able to thrive in a detailed, dynamic environment, and be passionate about empowering local law enforcement and strengthening justice systems.
The primary responsibilities of the DILED are to develop, mentor, and provide expert consultation and problem analysis for law enforcement agencies combatting the online sexual exploitation of children (OSEC) in the project area, to implement effective strategies for combating OSEC, and to improve the public justice system’s capacity to combat OSEC.
• Model IJM values, mission, vision, and operating principles to the ILED team;
• Collaborate with field office, national, and regional leadership to achieve the project and organization’s overall impact and objectives;
• Work closely with IJM’s Legal and Aftercare teams in carefully planning for and supporting law enforcement operations to rescue victims and arrest suspects of OSEC, ensuring effective coordination among team leaders and government agencies;
• Support local and international law enforcement to engage in the best OSEC investigative techniques;
• Provide spiritual leadership to the ILED team by fostering relationships supportive of a healthy, Christian work environment and ensuring adequate staff care, especially considering the distinctive work of OSEC investigations;
• Develop leadership and professional potential of ILED team members, including through appropriate delegating, regular constructive feedback, and an annual written performance evaluation; and
• Serve as a member of the field office leadership team.
• Provide ILED team members with clearly defined job descriptions and annual performance goals;
• Ensure ILED team members comply with all IJM policies and protocols, as well as government and donor requirements;
• Ensure ILED team members utilize monitoring and evaluation tools;
• Develop and manage the ILED team budget, spending funds according to IJM’s budgetary and stewardship principles and guiding team members to do the same;
• Recommend to field office leadership appropriate human resources decisions for ILED team members;
• Increase the ILED team’s effectiveness, efficiency, and organization by developing, maintaining, and updating operating protocols and intervention strategies, as necessary;
• Ensure that detailed records are maintained for all ILED-supported fieldwork and interventions;
• Maintain communication with field office leadership on the status of ILED-supported interventions and the empowerment of local law enforcement; and
• Provide the Programs Team with necessary information for reporting ILED team activities to IJM headquarters.
Strategic Partnership Development
• Support the National DILED in developing and implementing strategies to build law enforcement capacity to sustainably combat OSEC in the Philippines;
• In coordination with the National DILED, liaise with local and international law enforcement agencies to advocate for proper action on OSEC referrals;
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with key law enforcement stakeholders, specialized law enforcement team leaders, government officials, NGOs, and other relevant organizations;
• Collaborate with and support government authorities during interventions to rescue victims and pursue proper arrest and charging of perpetrators;
• Provide expert consultation, problem analysis, and monitor the improvement of law enforcement combating OSEC, including through After Action Reviews with police and other anti-trafficking government agencies.
Investigation and Law Enforcement Development
• Develop an understanding of Philippine laws and criminal procedures regarding investigations, arrests, search and seizure, and the charging of OSEC suspects;
• Provide expertise and assistance to Philippine and international LEOs conducting OSEC investigations in areas including using online undercover identities, basic online investigative techniques, and proactively generating leads;
• Advise LEOs on the basics of search, seizure, examination and preservation of digital evidence;
• Assist in developing investigative and operational best practices for LEOs and IJM personnel; and
• Collaborate with the National DILED on system reform strategies and efforts.
• Participate in IJM’s spiritual formation, professional development, and staff care programs;
• Update and use IJM’s data collection, monitoring, and evaluation tools;
• Assist in hosting visits by IJM staff, guests, teams, and volunteers; and
• Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by the Field Office Director.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in criminal investigations with a public law enforcement agency, international human rights agency, public international agency, private investigative or security firm, military or national security agency, including minimum 2 years of experience investigating ICAC/OSEC;
• Experience in conducting and supporting undercover operations;
• Experience with and understanding of online behaviors and personas of sexually motivated child abuse and exploitation offenders;
• Working knowledge of digital forensic processes and principles (certification or experience as an examiner is not required)
• Experience with digital evidence (both online and device-based) identification, preservation, collection, and analysis; and
• Fluency in oral and written English, exceptional written and verbal communication (can make complex, technical concepts easy to understand).
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
• Supervision, leadership, and team-building experience;
• Familiarity with global law enforcement networks that combat OSEC;
• Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice; and
• International/cross-cultural experience in development, relief, legal, law enforcement, or other fields.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Strong service ethic and passion to help people suffering injustice;
• Organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined with priorities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Patient, flexible, and persistent;
• Unfailing integrity and honesty;
• Effective team player and leader;
• Works well under stress and minimal supervision;
• Punctual, manages time and resources effectively;
• Professional, diplomatic, and mature in judgment and demeanor;
• Able to effectively and appropriately in a cross-cultural setting;
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information; and
• Able to lead teams in developing creative solutions to complex problems.
• Competitive salary, relocation, and benefits package.
• This position is based in Metro Cebu. Occasional national and international travel will be required.
• This position reports to the Cebu Field Office Director.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.