At IJM, we are working to end slavery and violence against the poor in our lifetime. Ending slavery takes more than an organization, it takes a movement. We protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Director of Digital Marketing will help grow a global movement by developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing our digital marketing initiatives across paid and owned channels. This position is based at IJM headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the National Director of Constituent Mobilization.
Global Digital Strategy
• Contribute to the 3-5-year strategy development, implementation, management and continuous improvement of IJM digital platforms (website, applications, social media etc.) to ensure a constituent-centric digital experience; and
• Contribute to global digital strategy and guidelines to ensure consistent brand experience in digital channels in collaboration with key stakeholders from Partner and Field Offices.
Web Development Oversight
• Serve as a single point of contact for all web development across IJM-owned platforms, managing a development and content roadmap for the website, and leading technical teams in feature builds, maintenance, and trouble-shooting;
• Lead IJM’s efforts to maintain and further develop its current website through data informed strategy, managing cross-functional internal teams and agencies to create a best-in-class web experience;
• Establish and lead cross-team digital working group;
• Oversee IJM’s contracted web developers ensuring that work is aligned with organization priorities and completed as efficiently as possible; and
• Develop and execute a plan for quality assurance (QA) across all owned properties.
Content + Campaign Development
• Grow our digital audience by leading the strategy and direction of highly innovative marketing campaigns through digital channels and experiences (social media, digital display, SEO/SEM, and mobile display);
• Oversee IJM’s social media strategy and directly manage the Manager, Social Media; and
• Oversee the creation of best in class engaging content marketing across digital properties while consistently maintaining standards and guidelines of IJM’s brand.
• Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies and campaign ideas to drive online action;
• Partner with program teams to guide the strategic framework of a campaign’s digital activation; and
• Managing the development workflow and road mapping the annual portfolio.
Analytics and Insights
• Measure and report on the performance of all web properties and campaigns against set goals; and
• Identify trends and insights, and optimize performance.
Management and Leadership
• Foster a culture of spiritual health and integrity by setting an example of mature, authentic Christian discipleship; and
• Responsible for supervising and leading a team, including hiring, training, developing and managing performance.
• Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of experience and/or education;
• Minimum of 10 years professional experience in digital marketing and/or web management with 5 years managing teams;
• Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful marketing campaigns with significant digital and social media components;
• Working knowledge of the standard web development toolbox, including HTML/CSS, responsive design, cross-browser and cross-device compatibility;
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends);
• Working knowledge and/or management of SEM campaigns and Google Adwords;
• Competence in marketing goal setting, analytics and strategic marketing measurement;
• Exceptional knowledge of digital trends and new technologies pertinent to driving digital audience growth and engagement;
• Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels (Preferred);
• Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments (Preferred);
• Experience in managing the digital campaign process from brief, through design direction, copy writing, approval and reporting (Preferred); and
• Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines and manage tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.