IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking an excellent, collaborative professional to serve as the Digital Marketing Director. The Digital Marketing Director will develop a cohesive digital marketing strategy that grows a global movement via paid and owned channels, including IJM.org. This position will oversee IJM.org ownership, lead generation strategy, digital platform ownership and exploration, problem solving for digital execution capacity gaps, and raising IJM’s mass and thought leadership awareness via digital channels for IJM North America. This position will be highly collaborative with the marketing, data, creative, programs, US and Canada teams to meet and exceed revenue and awareness goals. The successful candidate will be driven by high-performing digital campaigns and experiences and will take pride and joy in working alongside and collaborating with colleagues to fuel the mission and end slavery in our lifetime.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Regional Director, Marketing Campaigns.
• Develop and own digital strategy that grows IJM’s thought leadership and donor base annually through highly innovative marketing campaigns that utilize various digital channels and experiences (social media, digital display, SEO/SEM, and mobile display);
• Work with project managers and social media, email, and content leads to ensure smooth execution of digital strategy;
• Work with social media lead on developing 1 - 3 year strategy for growing engaged audiences on all social media platforms;
• Review and approve the creation of best-in-class engaging content marketing across digital properties that consistently maintain standards and guidelines of IJM’s brand and allow IJM North America to meet and exceed annual mass awareness and revenue goals;
• Develop a content roadmap for IJM’s website and lead technical teams in feature builds, maintenance, and troubleshooting of IJM.org, the e-store, IJM Community, and other platforms;
• Develop and maintain a quality assurance (QA) plan across all owned properties;
• Ensure platforms support and align with IJM North America’s marketing strategy and constituent experience, leading to increased donor acquisition and retention;
• Create and lead data-informed strategy that supports IJM’s efforts to maintain and further develop its current website, managing and collaborating cross-functional internal teams and agencies to create a best-in-class web experience;
• Maintain position relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
• Develop and monitor a paid media plan that is executed via internal stakeholders and external contracts and meets and exceeds annual awareness and revenue goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field;
• 10+ years of professional digital marketing experience, with 2+ years in a strategy authority role preferred;
• 2+ years of experience with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud preferred;
• Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful marketing campaigns with significant digital and social media components;
• Working knowledge of the standard web development toolbox, including HTML/CSS, responsive design, cross-browser, and cross-device compatibility;
• Working knowledge and/or management of SEM campaigns and Google Adwords;
• Competence in marketing goal setting, analytics, and strategic marketing measurement;
• Exceptional knowledge of digital trends and new technologies pertinent to driving digital audience growth and engagement;
• Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels preferred;
• Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments preferred;
• Experience in managing the digital campaign process from the initial brief through the design direction, copy writing, approval, and reporting preferred; and
• Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines and manage tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, especially as it relates to marketing copy writing;
• Demonstrated ability to handle several strategic priorities at once;
• Adept at relationship building with internal and external IJM stakeholders;
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills;
• Familiarity with (and ability to track and disseminate) communications trends and best practices;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Highly collaborative;
• Service-oriented; and
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.