We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
Information and communication are among the most vital pieces of securing justice for victims of violent oppression. Supporting these systems has a direct impact on the work of International Justice Mission’s (IJM) global staff. IJM is seeking a professional and dynamic individual, motivated by faith and the biblical call to justice, to lead the Infrastructure team responsible for supporting our global infrastructure. As a leader in the Global Technology Solutions (GTS) department, this successful candidate will be a critical thinker and effective problem solver, as well as capable of delivering and maintaining a modernized infrastructure to support a growing global organization.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, D.C. area, and reports to the Senior Director, Global IT Service Strategy & Operations.
• Advise the GTS leadership in the design and implementation of a scalable, effective infrastructure for the entire organization including overall wireless, WAN and LAN architecture, cloud and mobile technology, data systems and disaster recovery;
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of new technologies that can enhance IJM’s operational excellence. Communicate with GTS Leadership, the GTS team and other IJM leadership to identify and develop new technologies in support of IJM’s mission;
• Work with GTS leadership to define infrastructure roadmap, contribute to IJM technology strategy, and perform cost analysis and budget planning.
• Recruit, train, and lead a global team to carry out the support and implementation of IJM’s technology infrastructure;
• Develop, monitor and evaluate performance and professional development objectives for all Infrastructure Services team staff.
• Implement best practices for infrastructure management, security, maintenance and configuration;
• Manage complex, global IT systems, mainly based on but not limited to Microsoft technology including multiple data centers, Active directory, virtualization (VMware), WAN, LAN, VOIP, Security/Firewalls, security client software, servers and storage hardware;
• Oversee coordination with Service Desk, Development, Security, and Enterprise Application teams on key issues, troubleshooting, problem mitigation, bug identification, escalations, new releases, etc;
• Onboard and manage infrastructure vendors for project delivery, global staff augmentation, and managed services;
• Develop infrastructure modernization plan and ensure the transition from an on-premise server infrastructure to cloud-based systems;
• Collaborate with Project Managers to successfully complete and deliver infrastructure projects;
• Ensure the implementation and operation of adequate monitoring systems, and management of availability reporting;
• Direct the preparation and implementation of policies, procedures and standards relating to infrastructure systems;
• Ensure that adequate and proper maintenance practices are being followed, including patch management for all servers and network equipment;
• Facilitate the ongoing maintenance of IJM’s global wide area network; and
• Manage and maintain all of IJM’s cloud resources and services.
• Provide support and management of IJM database systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft SQL Server;
• Oversee IJM data integration management and ensure the availability and operation of the Dell Boomi system.
• In partnership with the Cyber Security team, maintain a high level of security and compliance on all workstations, servers, and cloud resources globally;
• Assist in the implementation, maintenance and operational support of IJM security systems.
• This position will require occasional travel to IJM Field Offices.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, and 6-9 years of experience in systems administration and infrastructure management; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides IT support in a fast-paced, professional environment;
• 3-5 years’ experience managing a team of five or more IT staff, including remote contingents;
• Demonstrated experience with Azure or AWS cloud platforms including leading a migration project;
• Proven experience in managing system lifecycles;
• Proven experience with project management, strategic planning and budgeting;
• Operational and design proficiencies in Network Infrastructure, Microsoft Server 2012 and later, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL, VMware and Storage systems;
• Proven experience implementing and managing Office 365;
• Proven experience evaluating, onboarding and managing IT vendors;
• Experience with database administration and data integration systems preferred; and
• Microsoft certification preferred.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Ability and desire to work independently with administrative capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion with minimal oversight;
• Ability to effectively manage time according to changing priorities both self-discovered and as directed;
• Proven ability to build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders;
• Ability to effectively engage with internal and external constituents and vendors; and
• Strong customer-service orientation.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to https://careers-ijm.icims.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.