We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM’s Global Advancement division is responsible for fueling IJM’s mission to protect the poor from violence by changing the conversation around violence against the poor, expanding the number of people and institutions engaged in the fight for justice, and generating the support needed to scale the mission. The Global Director, Strategy & Operations is responsible for developing strategies and plans to scale organizational growth, as well as for ensuring the efficient execution on those plans through oversight of the division’s ongoing operations. The Global Director will work collaboratively across IJM’s advancement teams in North America, Europe, and Australia, in addition to liaising with executives and strategic planning leads from other divisions to ensure cross-enterprise alignment on goals, strategies, and resources.
This position is based at IJM’s headquarters in the Washington, DC, area and reports to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO).
Develop Strategies and Plans to Scale Organizational Growth
• Facilitate the development of long- and short-term strategic plans to scale organizational growth, working collaboratively with the Global Advancement leadership team.
• Equip teams to develop annual work plans, ensuring alignment of strategies globally across the division.
• Work directly with leaders in IJM’s Advancement Offices to develop strategic plans, ensuring alignment of IJM’s global strategy for advancement.
• Develop plans for specific key areas of work and for innovation projects, bringing together stakeholders throughout the division and organization.
• Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of the division’s strategy, including overseeing a team responsible for strategic information, data, and reporting on key performance indicators at all levels and managing the division’s reporting to the Board of Directors.
Oversee Ongoing Operations in the Global Advancement Division
• Manage the Global Advancement Division budget, equipping leaders with information to make strategic decisions, coaching budget managers as needed and ensuring resources are aligned to strategic priorities.
• Ensure efficient execution of the division’s work plan through developing strong business processes, managing a team of project managers responsible for cross-functional projects, and building the division’s project management capability.
• Oversee the development and implementation of technology systems that support the division’s business needs.
• Manage the use of shared resources across the division, including oversight of the trips to the field program and the maintenance of an IJM speaker bureau.
• Work the CAO to facilitate internal communications and change management for the division as needed.
Provide Leadership within the Global Advancement Division
• Work closely with the CAO to build a culture of joy, transparency, and disciplined execution in the Global Advancement Division.
• Foster and encourage IJM’s culture of spiritual health and integrity.
• Model servant leadership in attitude and behavior.
• Manage content and meeting rhythms for and serve on the Global Advancement leadership team in partnership with the CAO.
• Master’s degree in Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, or Business Administration.
• 10-12 years of experience in strategy and planning, business administration, and project management.
• 5-7 years of experience managing a team.
• Strong facilitation skills and an ability to build strong rapport with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
• Strong written and oral communications skills, as well as experience developing and deploying organizational messaging, and ability to express complex ideas in a simple manner.
• Ability to build positive culture and align teams behind strategic goals.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
• Strategic thinker.
• Excellent problem solver.
• Ability to lead through change.
• Effectiveness in working cross-culturally.
• Grace under stress and deadline pressures.
• Self-starter with strong initiative.
The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.