We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
Information and communication are among the most vital pieces of securing justice for victims of violent oppression. Supporting these systems has a direct impact on the work of International Justice Mission’s (IJM) global staff. IJM is seeking a professional and dynamic individual, motivated by faith and the biblical call to justice, to lead the Global Solutions Desk team that provides technology support for staff in IJM’s Headquarters offices in Washington, DC, and throughout IJM’s global field offices. As a leader in the Global Technology Solutions department, this successful candidate will be an effective technical problem solver and be capable of leading a team responsible for supporting a growing global organization.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, D.C. area, and reports to the Senior Director, Global IT Service Strategy & Operations.
• Advise GTS Leadership on recommendations for improved processes and systems to meet the global support needs for the entire organization.
• Assist with budget planning and asset management.
• Develop and lead the team of Global Solutions Desk analysts to carry out the support for IJM staff and global systems.
• Organize and prioritize work for Global Solutions Desk team to ensure critical issues are being addressed in an acceptable timeframe and in compliance with internal SLA’s.
• Identify, capture and provide monthly reporting on key service desk management metrics & KPI’s.
• Ensure organizational support for hardware and software issues including, but not limited to: Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft SharePoint, LAN/WAN connectivity, workstation and laptop hardware components and peripherals, and printing issues.
• Provide HQ Support resources for AV equipment and services including web conferencing, conference center events, and meeting room support.
Global Support, Documentation and Training:
• Develop and maintain new support processes and lead training for stakeholders and GTS Engineers.
• Develop and manage new support processes for new global deployments such as Office 365, Salesforce and Workday.
• Develop knowledgebase process and educate global support team on best practices
• Develop knowledgebase articles and tutorials for IJM software and systems;
• Maintain good documentation through helpdesk ticketing system and systems documentation processes; and
• Develop and deliver training to staff on new systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science;
• 7 – 10 years of experience in IT Service Management; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides IT support in a fast-paced, professional environment;
• 3 – 5 years of experience managing a team of 4 or more helpdesk staff;
• Possess working knowledge of client/server technology, network protocols and the skillsets to troubleshoot end-user workstations;
• Operational proficiencies in Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, and cloud-based applications;
• Experience with designing and implementing support processes; and
• HDI & ITIL Certification preferred.
• This position may require travel to IJM’s field offices and other parts of the world.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.