International Justice Mission is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team is at work in over 25 communities across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America. Together we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Toward that end, IJM seeks a visionary and transformational leader to serve as IJM’s Director for Korea Advancement. This leader will establish IJM’s first office in South Korea in alignment with IJM’s 2030 Vision and global strategy and in compliance with applicable laws and best practice. The leader will build the vision, strategy and team in South Korea to catalyze and fuel a passionate movement of revenue, prayer, talent and global policy change to scale the protection of the poor from violence around the world. The Executive Director will a lead the team to expand financial support for the mission in South Korea, driving towards $30 million in annual revenue to combat violence against the poor by 2030.
This position, based at IJM’s office in Seoul, South Korea, and will report to IJM’s Vice President for International Advancement.
Assess and Establish IJM Office in South Korea
• Assess strategic opportunities for the mission in South Korea in alignment with IJM’s 2030 Vision and global strategy.
• Establish IJM Korea in Seoul in compliance with applicable laws and best practice.
• Recruit strategic leaders to serve on the board of directors and key advisory roles.
• Establish foundation for 2019 launch of IJM Korea.
Lead as Country Director for IJM Korea
• Develop and execute inspiring vision and strategic plan in alignment with IJM’s 2030 vision and global strategy that achieves aggressive annual growth in revenue, prayer support and thought leadership.
• Build, lead and develop a team of high-performing leaders and professionals to accomplish aggressive goals set forth in the strategic plan.
• Represent the organization externally as a spokesperson with donors, influencers, media, government and global institutions.
• Establish IJM as a go-to leader and partner for world shaping institutions in the fight against global slavery and violence against the poor.
• Ensure cost-effective operations, including full compliance with applicable laws and best practice and consistency with IJM’s global planning, budgeting, and reporting rhythms.
• Serve as a spiritual leader and foster IJM’s global spiritual formation practices.
Lead within the Global Organization
• Shape IJM’s global program and advancement strategies and investment priorities.
• Ensure effective coordination across IJM’s offices on cross-cutting strategies and partnerships.
• Contribute to enhanced processes and systems to empower the local and global strategies.
• Cultivate a culture of joy, transparency, and disciplined execution in the Global organization.
• Foster and encourage IJM’s culture of spiritual health and integrity.
• Model servant leadership in attitude and behavior.
This position requires 25% travel (domestic and international) within South Korea and to international locations including IJM’s offices around the world and strategic conferences and thought leadership fora.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or International Development, or equivalent combination of Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience.
• Superior leadership skills with the capacity to manage a large number of projects and inspire strong leaders to achieve impressive, measurable outcomes.
• Proven track record in setting and executing effective strategy, including for significant revenue generation.
• Strong written, public presentation and interpersonal communication skills with a proven track record of moving people to action.
• Proven ability to inspire generosity and significant raise revenue.
• Ability to build positive culture and align teams behind strategic goals.
• Fluency in Korean and English languages.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
• Strategic thinker.
• Exceptional emotional and cultural intelligence.
• Goal-oriented and entrepreneurial.
• Winsome and authentic leader.
• Effectiveness in leading and working cross-culturally.
• Grace under stress and deadline pressures.
• Self-starter with strong initiative.
The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.