International Justice Mission is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team is at work in over 25 communities across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America. Together we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Toward that end, IJM seeks a Director of Strategic Partnerships to inspire and expand financial support for the mission in Singapore. The successful candidate has the opportunity to meaningfully engage partners and donors in our work, showing how their joyful financial partnership can bring freedom and rescue to millions and safety and protection for a half billion of the world’s poor. For this role, IJM is seeking a skilled networker with a fearless approach to building relationships with high net worth individuals and the ability to inspire and move people to generous financial gifts. The successful candidate will raise $750,000 in their first year in the role with average annual growth of 20% each subsequent year.
This position is based in Singapore and will report to IJM’s Vice President for International Advancement.
Facilitate deeper engagement of current donors:
• Cultivate relationships with existing major donors to increase funding levels and develop relationships with other individuals and foundations, resulting in new major donors to IJM;
• Carry an average portfolio of 120 major donors and conduct a minimum of 18 face-to-face visits with donors per month;
• Collaborate with the global team in planning and implementing events in the region, resulting in increased funding support from current donors and an introduction of new potential donors to the work of IJM;
• Assist and evaluate programs to recognize, thank and educate current donors; and
• Champion bringing individual donors to major donor status by identifying and building relationships with local givers with greater capacity.
Deepen new donor acquisition strategy:
• Develop, implement and evaluate strategies to significantly broaden and deepen the base of support from major donors in the region and raise fundraising goals for the region;
• Leverage gathered contact information to identify new donors and build relationships leading to financial contributions; and
• Implement and evaluate strategies to improve IJM’s capacity to capture names and contact information at events and media exposures conducted by IJM leadership throughout the region.
• Fundraising or sales experience with proven track record of meeting annual target ($1,000,000 in fundraising or sales equivalent);
• Proven ability to effectively develop, nurture and maintain individual relationships and the skill to lead those individuals to make joyful financial investments;
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience speaking to high potential clients and donors effectively, intelligently, and passionately;
• Experience managing, tracking and reporting on the financial efforts for a region;
• Highly developed capacity to accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of programs and to make appropriate adjustments;
• Fluent English speaker;
• Minimum 7 years’ experience; and
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• The position will require 40% travel – primarily domestic and regional travel, with periodic visits to IJM’s Washington, DC headquarters and other international locations.
• Exceptional emotional and cultural intelligence;
• Tenacious problem solver;
• Compelling conversationalist and intelligent listener;
• Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
• High standard of personal discipline;
• Sustained positive attitude; and
• Comfortable relating to an audience of diverse people and personalities.
The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.