We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Senior Director of the Project Management Office position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Vice President of Global Technology Solutions (VP of GTS). The primary responsibility of this position is to establish standards for integrated planning and execution to drive strategic growth planning and execution. This position will be accountable for leading key strategic initiatives, aligning the technology portfolio with the organizational strategy, directing the PMO to ensure successful delivery and the ongoing sustainability of technology products, and partnering with the GTS leadership to align operational processes with stakeholders to deliver solutions that meet key organizational objectives.
• Adopt IJM’s culture and drive standards and process to delivery of multiple IT programs working in partnership with leadership, various departments and leaders;
• Partner with GTS Leadership and organizational stakeholders to build IJM’s aggressive technology roadmap to achieve programmatic outcomes and enable long- term global growth;
• Accelerate strategy and transformation via integrated planning with cross-organizational stakeholders to define and deliver portfolio plans and tactical capacity plans to ensure successful delivery of priority initiatives. Oversees planning processes and drives the prioritization process to ensure resources are aligned to organizational priorities;
• Develops, implements and maintains the framework for organizational business process development to ensure technology architecture supports IJM’s strategic and tactical objectives;
• Ensure on-time, on-budget, and on-specification delivery on all programs;
• Rapidly mature global IT project management competencies including infrastructure, development, security and application teams;
• Ensure the health and vibrancy of the PMO team through mature spiritual leadership and appropriate professional mentoring, including the successful recruitment and onboarding of high caliber professionals;
• Lead resource analysis and forecasting by project for all cross functional resources including program management, departmental staffing, 3rd party sourcing, etc;
• Build collaborative relationships with IT vendors to ensure projects are delivered successfully;
• Actively participate in the development and management of business strategy focusing on how our technology strategy can support and enhance IJM operations;
• Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the global organization by facilitating/participating in monthly meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members;
• Foster an engaged work environment within the department, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer;
• Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives;
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set;
• Collaborate with IJM US, Field, and International Advancement Office leaders to maximize the use of technology to improve products and processes that enhance the strategic direction of the organization; and
• Advocate for the development of innovative processes and global support structures to allow the organization to be more agile, supportive of the global systems being implemented over the next three years.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field;
• Minimum of 8-10 years of professional project management experience with at least 5 years of demonstrated portfolio management experience;
• Demonstrated experience creating, managing and/or executing a PMO function preferred;
• Demonstrated capability of successfully utilizing change management frameworks;
• Knowledge of PMBOK & PMLC standards related to project planning and implementation;
• Demonstrated experience with strategic and operational planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources;
• Relevant PMI Certification (PMP, PgMP) strongly preferred;
• Six Sigma certification strongly preferred;
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to manage cross-departmental and global project teams;
• Experience managing external vendor relationship; and
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Effective as a team player;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Proactive, creative problem-solver; and
• Flexible and productive under pressure.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.