We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is working to fuel the global justice movement and advance its mission by raising financial support through storytelling, creative projects and events. Donors, influencers and power actors become aware of violence against the poor and are deeply moved to become engaged in the movement of justice because of high quality stories, digital imagery and design.
We are launching a large, short-term project to clean up our digital asset management database, making our videos and photos more easily searchable and ensuring the quality of assets within the database. The Digital Asset Coordinator is responsible for organizing and updating IJM’s library of photos and videos of our clients, global teams and the work happening around the world. This role directly contributes to the ability of the organization to tell the most compelling, accurate, and professional stories.
The position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Program Manager, Global Advancement Resources. The project will be executed October 16, 2018 – December 31, 2018.
• Conduct quality control for all image, video, and audio assets, ensuring quality standards are met;
• Verify and update asset metadata within the digital asset management system and ensure the appropriate usage rights and access levels are indicated accurately;
• Work with Communication Managers to rectify any quality issues on assets;
• Update the internal SharePoint site;
• Create new training modules and/or training videos for new users; and
• Provide recommendations to the Program Manager about how to improve established workflows and standards for curators and users.
• Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Communications, Computer Sciences, or related field, or equivalent experience;
• Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills;
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to communicate complex information in a simple, concise manner;
• Proven record of responsibilities in asset curation, preferred;
• Experience with maintenance of robust library data structure, a plus; and
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office. Additional experience with SharePoint and AssetBank (a Bright Interactive software), a plus.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Proactive, creative problem solver;
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized; this position is responsible for large volumes of data;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
• Collaborative; ability to lead through influence, and experience building trust across teams.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.