We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented individual to provide excellent customer service through constituent communication, donation processing, data entry, and data management. The successful candidate will be an effective problem-solver with experience in customer service, data entry, and data management in a fast-paced, professional environment and must maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Constituent Experience Manager.
Constituent Communication and Follow Up
• Strengthen constituent relationships by providing timely, professional responses to phone calls and emails regarding donations, information updates and IJM partnership opportunities;
• Cover 40-50% inbound phones;
• Ensure timely delivery of welcome and thank you letters, and donor program deliverables;
• Implement Gift Catalog, peer-to-peer and other donor response strategies;
• Implement inventory tracking processes;
• Assist with the coordination, execution and improvement of key donor retention and acquisition processes;
• Recommend areas to improve donor communication to improve experience; and
• Maintain professional standards for the organization through thorough editing of written communication, strict adherence to deadlines, professional standards of email and telephone communication, and appropriate professional etiquette.
Constituent Data Processing
• Ensure accuracy of information in database including: updating contact information, assigning and maintaining codes, updating notes and actions, processing returned mail, and ensuring all connections/relationships are assigned.
Donation Processing – when needed and as assigned
• Maintain accurate financial records through timely processing of all donation information from check, credit card, IJM.org, etc.;
• Facilitate recurring donations via credit card and direct debit and follow-up with exceptions; facilitate gifts in honor/memory of individuals; and
• Identify and recommend improvements in the donation process.
Required Skills and Experience
• Proven ability to provide professional customer service to a variety of constituents;
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Exceptional ability in written and oral communications;
• Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain accurate data; and
• Prior experience using Salesforce preferred.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Adept at creative problem solving;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Works well under stress;
• Strong ethic of service; and
• Sustained positive attitude.
Please attach Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.