We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Human Resources Generalist will be joining a newly formed team that is establishing a service-oriented HR function. This position will work closely with senior HR management in supporting employees and will have the opportunity to implement processes and structure that will enable our staff to thrive. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for HR function;
• Advise hiring managers in drafting job descriptions;
• Manage benefits administration and open enrollment;
• Manage internal audit schedules and activities; conduct and approve final benefit audits;
• Files EEO-1 report annually and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations;
• Assist with requests for visas and green cards;
• Investigate workers compensation claims and complete reports, to include posting annual compliance reports;
• Work with HRIS team on global HRIS system and serves as point of contact for blueprinting project;
• Manages new hire orientation, onboarding and offboarding processes;
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws;
• Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field; PHR or SPHR highly desired;
• Minimum 5 years of demonstrated human resource experience preferably in a multi-national non-profit organization;
• Demonstrated knowledge of domestic human resources;
• Experience working with compensation and benefits;
• Experience extracting data from systems to write reports;
• Strong understanding of systems and experience using HRIS systems; Workday experience desired;
• Cross-cultural experience derived from working in culturally diverse environments;
• Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resource networks and organizations;
• Pro-active learner, keeping abreast of current and changing HR trends and practices;
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines;
• Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information;
• Ability to influence and manage change;
• Proficient with HRIS, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
• Strong communication, presentation and documentation skills.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.