We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
Essential to the success of any organization is a highly functioning business office. In this accounting role, you will support the work of justice by participating in the essential business functions of financial analysis and account reconciliation, preparing journal entries, participating in the monthly close process, and supervising of accounts payable.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Director of Accounting.
• Supervise AP Specialists managing the workload and workflow of invoices, procurement cards, expense reports and other tasks;
• Approve new suppliers, payment settlements, and wires in Workday and various online banking platforms;
• Participate in monthly close process; account analysis and reconciliation, journal entries, resolving questions and securing approvals of expenses for a timely close;
• Process year-end requirements including 1099 reporting and respond to auditor requests;
• Deliver financial reporting and analysis as directed by the Director of Accounting;
• Perform analyses of actual to budgeted expenditures as assigned;
• Monitor and report on volume of invoices, expense reports, payments and other activities to manage headcount, adjust processes or work assignments; and
• Continuously work on new processes or uses if technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Business Administration or Finance with a focus on Accounting;
• Proven ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
• Professional written and oral communication skills;
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel; and
• Experience with Workday a plus.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.