We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Payroll and Accounting Associate performs duties necessary for detailed and accurate reporting of various revenue sources in addition to ensuring compliance for routine payroll functions. The Payroll and Accounting Associate will be a valuable member of IJM’s Finance team by providing accounting support to both the Accounts Receivable Team as well as the Payroll Team. This position reports to the Payroll Manager and is based in the Washington D.C. area.
• Payroll contact for ensuring timely and accurate time reporting for our US-based employees and managers;
• Lead semi-monthly time tracking trainings for new employees;
• Run and review various payroll reports on a regular basis and document changes relevant to payroll processing;
• Assist in preparing monthly routine payroll journal entries; and
• Assist Sr. Payroll Specialist with maintaining wage and tax compliance by ensuring accurate and timely file uploads both domestically and abroad.
• Support revenue financial reporting;
• Access and compile daily cash inflow from various sources and communicate to applicable parties;
• Review and record contribution revenue entries from Salesforce to Workday on a routine basis, and investigate and reconcile discrepancies between Salesforce to Workday;
• Assist the gift processing team in troubleshooting matters related to IJM’s constituents’ giving and receipting; and
• Assist the Accounts Receivable Manager in reviewing and improving IJM’s revenue accounting processes and policies.
• High School Diploma or Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Knowledge of debits and credits and accrual based accounting;
• Proven ability to independently manage time wisely, especially when several projects are in progress;
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel; and
• Professional behavior and communication, both written and oral.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• High level of integrity and confidentiality;
• Ability to process large quantities of data;
• Meticulous attention to detail; and
• Disciplined with priorities.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.