We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
A robust, resilient and scalable infrastructure is one of the most vital pieces of any thriving organization. International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a highly professional and dynamic individual, motivated by faith and the biblical call to justice, to join the global infrastructure team in support of IJM’s mission critical infrastructure and systems. The successful candidate for the Systems Administrator position will be proficient with server and infrastructure administration, and have the ability to plan, resource and maintain critical systems.
This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Senior Director, IT Service Strategy and Operations.
Systems Management and Operations
• Ensure availability of servers and systems through continual resource monitoring;
• Maintain effective schedule of backups to ensure responsive system and data recovery, including routine testing of restoration procedures;
• Monitor, manage and support server infrastructure including VMware ESXi, NAS/SAN Storage systems, and Windows-based servers;
• Proactively maintain servers and other infrastructure devices through patch management, firmware updates, software upgrades and hardware replacement;
• Manage and support identity management and user directory systems, including Active Directory and Okta;
• Contribute to the design, architecture and implementation of migrating global services to cloud platforms;
• Assist Infrastructure team with implementing and administering global enterprise applications and other systems as required;
• Provide administration and support of cloud-based platform and services, including Office 365, Okta, Tanium, and Azure; and
• Provide escalation assistance to the Helpdesk team as required to complete incident tickets and service requests.
Documentation and Processes
• Maintain clear documentation of systems design, operations, and backup and recovery procedures;
• Develop and execute systems project plans in coordination with project management staff;
• Coordinate infrastructure related purchases and renewals with the GTS Program Manager; and
• Contribute to and ensure compliance of IJM change management processes and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field, and 3-5 years of experience in Windows Server/VMware ESXi administration; or any equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Possess working knowledge of virtualized server environments, network and security protocols, network area storage, and cloud technologies;
• Operational proficiencies in Windows Server, SQL Server, Windows PowerShell, Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365;
• Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking and protocols, including DHCP, DNS, IP addressing and subnetting;
• Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM practices;
• Demonstrated troubleshooting and remediating complex technical problems and providing route cause analysis;
• Demonstrated experience with global IT infrastructure projects;
• Ability to work on a diverse, cross-cultural global IT team to provide enterprise support for infrastructure and systems;
• Ability to create and maintain well-written documentation;
• Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services preferred;
• Microsoft MCSA, Microsoft MCSE, or ITIL foundations certification preferred.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.