A world-class organization uses world-class technology to effectively support its staff and empower its talent. IJM is seeking a professional to work with the Global Technology and People Operations teams to manage Workday, IJM’s Human Capital Management (HCM) system. Use your leadership skills and technical expertise to serve IJM staff at our headquarters office, and eventually around the world. The Senior HR Systems Analyst serves as the senior expert on the HRIS team and leads efforts with HR business partners to optimize the system in order to bring continuous value to IJM’s mission. This position is based at IJM headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Workday Product Owner.
Workday Production Support
• Oversee and provide effective production support for existing configuration of Workday HCM, Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking and Payroll systems issues; collaborate with People Operations team members, as well as Payroll, Finance and Global Technology to efficiently resolve;
• Triage incoming Workday tickets; provide Tier 2 support for escalated or complex cross-functional issues; lead regular analyst ticket review/working sessions;
• Improve and maintain standard protocols for HRIS team, including business requirements gathering, test scripts, prioritization and change approval processes, and deployment;
• Maintain security roles and system access, ensuring segregation of duties and data security;
• Lead new system integration projects for new internal systems and external vendors;
• Research the bi-annual Workday Release content and make recommendations for using new features; develop scripts for system testing; facilitate feature demonstrations for staff and UAT sessions for functional SMEs; assist with change communications to users; and
• Empower HR functional users by building and delivering effective Workday system training.
Workday Enhancement Projects
• Lead the continual optimization of Workday by managing the HRIS bi-weekly releases and project timelines to ensure timely delivery;
• Develop systems solutions to accommodate business process and regulatory changes;
• Work with HR business partners to effectively manage large projects in support of annual events, including US Benefits Open Enrollment, Goals and Performance Reviews, Merit Increase Cycle, US Payroll Year End, US Time off plan accruals, etc.;
• Configure, test and deploy new features and enhancements in Workday;
• Partner with HR team to define and refine requirements for new features and enhancements;
• Prioritize enhancement and change requests across HRIS functional areas; provide scoping estimates for new functionality requests and manage the enhancement backlog;
• Work with HR business partners to lead large projects such as Open enrollment, Recruiting, and Performance Management;
• Increase reporting capabilities across Workday with worklets for commonly requested reports and dashboards to answer critical questions;
• Lead the HRIS team in establishing a strong Workday and HRIS network to increasing team skills/knowledge; and
• Maintain awareness of current technology trends; product and service development, delivery and support best practices; and leveraging new technologies for maximizing value to the organization.
Workday Global Rollout Project
• Consult for HR, PAY, Finance business leaders during the Global Business Process re-design and Workday Global Rollout projects, participating in business process design sessions to maintain lens for cross-functional and system impacts;
• Build IJM specific templates for design session intake, HCM data conversion and data loads;
• Lead HCM regression testing efforts to ensure existing configuration is not adversely impacted by new enhancements and addition of new countries; design and test security model for new multi-country team structure; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field;
• 7+ years’ professional work experience;
• 5+ years HR systems experience, including new module implementation, project management, issue management, communication, and change management (Prior experience with global system support and deployment a plus);
• Strong knowledge of HR functional areas, standard business processes and best practices (PHR / SHRM-CP certification a plus);
• Familiarity with the concepts and tools used to manage the systems development life cycle, Agile methodology, and IT service management practices;
• 2+ years' Workday HRIS experience strongly preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
• Track record of building trust and effective collaborative relationships across teams;
• Strong complex problem-solving skills;
• Skilled communicator with well-developed listening, written and presentation abilities; and
• Effective at prioritizing, planning and organizing tasks and information in a fast-paced environment.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith;
• Humble and resilient;
• Joyful about service and partnership;
• Innovative, solving problems in new ways;
• Professional, dedicated to doing the work with excellence; and
• Tenacious in achieving goals.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to https://careers-ijm.icims.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.