We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Executive Assistant will provide executive support to the VP of Technology by anticipating the needs of the leadership and team members. The position resolves operational and administrative issues before they arise and executes expertly on the tasks and projects under their purview. This position also maintains the budget for the department and coordinates across the department with budget managers to maintain precision in the financial health of the team. This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Arlington, VA area and reports to the VP of Technology.
• Facilitate schedules and implement strategies to accommodate work time amongst ad hoc, recurring, Executive and urgent-response meeting
• Draft and/or edit correspondence including memoranda, reports, e-mails, presentations, and other documents on behalf of the Executive to ensure excellence in all communication
• Flag and ensure follow-up on significant pieces of e-mail and other correspondence, working with others in the organization to ensure timely follow-up
• Advance action items for the Executive’s meetings with direct reports, team and other meetings as needed
• Proactively provide briefings and develop agendas to equip the facilitation and participation of internal and external meetings
• Communicate with internal staff on behalf of the Executive; serve as the public face of the department, including communication with external partners and hosting Executive guests
• Coordinate domestic and international travel, providing advances and briefings and ensuring time away is effective and maximized
• Model excellence and professionalism for the organization in attire, language, attitude, and demeanor
• Coordinate department-level action and deadline management to ensure on-time submission of deliverables; maintain systems and processes to collect and analyze monthly outcomes for internal and external reporting
• Manage organization-wide initiatives and tasks that are expected for the department, intern/fellow care, monthly Board reports, etc.
• Serve as primary point of contact for technology-related questions coming from HQ or the field
• Manage the GTS SharePoint Intranet to provide internal organization
• Engage in team care: celebrating birthdays, work anniversaries, big life events, etc. to boost team morale and assist the Executive in understanding the needs of the department
Budget Management & Tracking
• Manage and analyze the department budget and department breakouts on a monthly
• reporting cycle; track and account for budget transfers, off-line budget requests and approvals, and reports
• Facilitate the annual budget process according to Finance guidelines and procedures.
• Oversee vendor relationships and facilitate contract management and review
• Facilitate procurement processes organization-wide
• Oversee and work to improve asset replacement processes and facilitate the research, purchase and payment of asset replacements for HQ and the field
• Support the VP in grant reporting and work with Finance team to set up workflows and project codes to ensure accurate tracking of grant funds
• Review all requests for Executive approval for accuracy
• Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education, experience and certification;
• Minimum of three years of experience with two years providing administrative and project management support in a fast-paced, professional environment;
• Superior administrative capacity to manage multiple competing priorities and detailed projects with minimal oversight and excellent prioritization;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain complex systems and processes used to manage large volumes of information;
• Extensive experience managing the schedule and conducting travel advance work for a frequently traveling Executive;
• Extensive experience managing large budgets, tracking revenue, and analysis;
• Exemplary written and oral communication, including experience with editing executive correspondence;
• Demonstrated ability to earn and maintain trust in working relationships with ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information;
• Adept at providing quality customer service to a variety of constituencies and demonstrated ability to work as part of an intercultural team; and
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, (including Word, XLS, PPT), experience with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft SharePoint.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.