We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships, Mountain States has the opportunity to meaningfully engage donors in our work, showing how their joyful financial partnership can bring freedom and rescue to thousands. For this role, IJM is seeking a skilled networker with a fearless approach to building relationships with high net worth individuals and the ability to convert those relationships to financial gifts. The successful candidate will raise $1,000,000 in their first year in the role and 20% more each subsequent year. The position is based in the Greater Denver area and reports to the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, West Coast.
Facilitate deeper engagement of current donors
• Cultivate relationships with existing major donors to increase funding levels and develop relationships with other individuals and foundations, resulting in new major donors to IJM;
• Carry an average portfolio of 120 major donors and conduct an average of 12 face-to-face visits with donors per month;
• Ensure all established metrics associated with successful development practices are met;
• Identify key points of interests between IJM and donors and ensure provision of content and material that is appropriate to these interests;
• Work in partnership with local IJM Church Mobilization Director and Volunteer Field Organizer on opportunities within region;
• Collaborate with the Headquarters-based events team in planning and implementing events in the region, resulting in increased funding support from current donors and an introduction of new potential donors to the work of IJM;
• Assist and evaluate programs to recognize, thank and educate current donors; according to IJM’s best practices for donor engagement including maintaining at least monthly contact with donors;
• Manage donor relationships and actively maintain donor relationship status through Salesforce opportunities;
• Ensure that donor records and contact information are up to date in Salesforce; and
• Champion bringing individual donors to major donor status by identifying and building relationships with local givers with greater capacity.
Deepen new donor acquisition strategy
• Develop, implement and evaluate strategies to significantly broaden and deepen the base of support from major donors in the region and raise fundraising goals for the region;
• Leverage gathered contact information to identify new donors and build relationships leading to financial contributions; and
• Implement and evaluate strategies to improve IJM’s capacity to capture names and contact information at preaching, teaching and educational events and media exposures conducted by IJM leadership throughout the region.
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of experience and education;
• A minimum of 10 years of work experience;
• Track record of annually bringing in over $1,000,000 from major donors (or sales equivalent);
• Proven ability to effectively develop, nurture and maintain individual relationships and the skill to lead those individuals to make joyful financial investments;
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience speaking to high potential clients and donors effectively, intelligently, and passionately;
• Experience managing, tracking and reporting on the financial efforts for a region;
• Highly developed capacity to accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of programs and to make appropriate adjustments; and
• Required Travel 40% primarily domestic travel within assigned territory and to headquarters meetings in Washington, DC and limited international travel on donor trips to IJM’s field offices.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.