We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Sr. Director of Global IT Service Strategy and Operations position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Vice President of Global Technology Solutions (VP of GTS.) The primary responsibility of this position is to enable the global IJM staff to make efficient, secure use of technology in conducting the mission of IJM. This position will serve as the servant leader for Helpdesk, Infrastructure, and Data teams. This leader will have experience in implementing IT Service Management (ITSM) processes, such as, Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management and Service Requests, as well as IT Operations Management and Event/Alert Management, globally across the enterprise.
• Build IJM’s aggressive technology roadmap to achieve programmatic outcomes and enable long- term global growth;
• Rapidly mature Global IT service organization including Help Desk, Infrastructure, and Data teams.
• Ensure the health and vibrancy of the Global Technology Solutions (GTS) through mature spiritual leadership and appropriate professional mentoring, including the successful recruitment and onboarding of high caliber GTS professionals during this period of exponential growth;
• Develop an aligned and effective Department leadership team;
• Establish and monitor Department plans, results and budget;
• Build collaborative relationships with our IT vendors to ensure services are delivered in a cost-effective manner;
• Actively participate in the development and management of business strategy focusing on how our technology strategy can support and enhance IJM operations;
• Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the global organization by facilitating/participating in monthly meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members;
• Foster an engaged work environment within the department, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer;
• Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives;
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set;
• Collaborate with IJM US, Field, and International Advancement Office leaders to maximize the use of technology to improve products and processes that enhance the strategic direction of the organization;
• Advocate for the development of innovative processes and global support structures to allow the organization to be more agile, supportive of the global systems being implemented over the next three years;
• Provide technical recommendations on the development of IJM’s Data Analytics, Dev/Ops, Global Shared IT service models, Hybrid Cloud models, and Cyber Security capabilities;
• Develop a staffing plan for local and regional support to enhance IT service delivery across the global organization; and
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of new technologies that can enhance IJM's operational excellence.
• Liaise with the Global IT organization in the design, deployment and ongoing maintenance of IT strategy, architecture and various policies and procedures;
• Ensure robust availability of IJM technology systems for all US, Field, and International Advancement Office staff;
• Establish and monitor metrics to demonstrate the performance and responsiveness of systems for all IJM US, Field, and International Advancement offices;
• Manage the procurement of the organization’s technology solutions;
• Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems;
• Responsible for envisioning future technology needs in collaboration with the operational organizational leaders and recommending technology resource strategies and projects that meet the strategic objectives of the organization;
• Continually improves IT operations by measuring performance compared to industry and internally-developed standards and developing strategies for incremental improvement;
• Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives;
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development practices; and
• Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical and financial resources and administer the hiring, development/training, management, evaluation, and effective assignment of people resources throughout the global organization.
• Equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Business/Finance degree or 10 years progressive IT leadership experience
• Minimum of ten years of IT leadership experience;
• Proven experience providing technology solutions in emerging markets;
• Four years of experience managing a team of 10 or more IT staff, including remote contingents;
• Proven experience in managing system lifecycles;
• Proven experience project management, strategic planning and budgeting; and
• Operational and design proficiencies in Network Infrastructure, Microsoft Server 2008 and later, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Vmware and Storage systems.
• This position requires 2-3 weeks of travel to IJM Field Offices per year.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.