We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Senior Manager, Programs and Strategy is responsible for facilitating the development of strategies and plans to scale divisional growth, as well ensure the efficient execution of plans through oversight of the division’s ongoing operations. The position will work collaboratively with the Global People Support (GPS) team in strategic planning to ensure alignment on goals, strategies, and resources. This position reports to the Director, Strategy and Operations and is located at IJM’s Washington, DC office.
Strategy and Project Management
• Facilitate the development of long- and short-term strategic plans to scale organizational growth globally, working collaboratively with the GPS leadership team;
• Equip teams to develop annual work plans, ensuring alignment of strategies globally across the division;
• Develop plans for specific key areas of work and for innovation projects, bringing together stakeholders throughout the division and organization;
• Work with the directors to, facilitate the development of a global people strategy, including themes, priorities, and messages in close collaboration with functional team leaders; and
• Facilitate the development of an organization-wide thought leadership strategy to advance IJM’s mission in close collaboration with functional team leaders.
• Manage the GPS budget, equipping leaders with information to make strategic decisions and ensuring resources are aligned to strategic priorities;
• Lead and manage the creation of a GPS Project Management System ensuring efficient execution of the division’s work plan through developing strong business processes and managing a team of project managers responsible for cross-functional projects;
• Oversee the development and implementation of technology systems that support the division’s business needs; and
• Work the GPS leadership to facilitate internal communications and change management for the division as needed.
• Work closely with GPS leadership to build a culture of joy, transparency, and disciplined execution in the Global People Support Division;
• Responsible for supervising and leading a team, including hiring, training, developing and managing performance;
• Manage and ensure spending of departments’ allocated funds in accordance with IJM’s budgetary and stewardship principles and policies;
• Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, IJM policies and best practices;
• Foster and encourage IJM’s culture of spiritual health and integrity;
• Model servant leadership in attitude and behavior; and
• Manage content and meeting rhythms for and serve on the GPS leadership team.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and/or education;
• Minimum 7 years professional experience supporting complex project management experience, including assigning, scheduling, and monitoring project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget;
• Minimum 2 years of experience managing, and leading teams preferred;
• Experience translating high-level organizational or department objectives into actionable work plans and targets;
• Familiarity with project management tools and software preferred;
• Experience planning large events and conferences preferred;
• Experience creating and managing a budget preferred;
• Experience managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills;
• Proficiency with SharePoint strongly preferred;
• Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment; and
• PMP Certification highly desired.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to https://careers-ijm.icims.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.