We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Administrative Assistant will provide top-level administration and program support to the Global Aftercare and Global Investigations and Law Enforcement Development (ILED) teams. The position will combine independent thinking with superior problem-solving skills and provide support in a fast-paced, professional environment. This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Global Director of Aftercare.
Global Director of Aftercare and Global Director of Investigations and Law Enforcement Development Support
• Manage calendars and determine priorities through scheduling appointments, coordinating meeting logistics domestically and internationally, and supporting collaborative departmental communication and priority setting;
• Manage all aspects of the Global Aftercare and Global Investigations department calendars, including designing and maintaining organizational tools and communication practices, communicating with internal and external parties, prioritizing tasks, managing deadlines, coordinating staff schedules, and briefing and preparing the Global Directors for meetings, deadlines and projects;
• Act as the point of contact for all incoming speaking engagement requests (including negotiation and coordination);
• Track all agreed upon deadlines assigned by internal and external entities to ensure cohesive and thorough response;
• Monitor departmental expenses to support budgeting process; and
• Ensure communication of relevant information to all members of Global Aftercare and Global ILED teams to ensure unified coordination regarding department and organization retreats, processes, and special projects.
Provide Department Support
• Serve as the department’s SharePoint representative and manage permissions, ensure that the site structure is organized correctly and operating with optimal efficiency, and acquaint new department personnel with SharePoint’s functionality; Efficiently manage, revise, and maintain all of the department’s filing systems including a variety of records, briefing materials, and casework-related files on company intranet; assist with all aspects of department organization to ensure operational excellence;
• Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information related to aftercare, investigations, and other actions;
• Assist with logistics and/or planning of Aftercare and ILED department initiatives, projects, and/or events;
• Assist Human Resources in coordinating department onboarding of new staff and interns; and
• Work with Global Directors to prepare team meeting agendas, take notes, and follow-up on action items.
• Assist in assigning projects and managing the workload of HQ-based Global Aftercare Department interns.
• Arrange all travel and logistics for domestic and international trips, including transportation, accommodations, meals, and other logistics, for Global Directors and Aftercare Senior Program Manager. Coordinate with the Regional Program Coordinators when necessary; and
• Manage all processes and documentation pertaining to pre-deployment and post-deployment procedures on behalf of Global Directors.
General IJM Support and Processes
• Contribute to organization-wide administration projects and process improvement as requested;
• Participate in IJM’s spiritual formation and staff care programs;
• Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information related to aftercare, investigations, and other actions; and
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of experience and/or education;
• At least one year of experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced, professional environment;
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred;
• Superior and proven ability to set priorities, simultaneously manage a large number of projects and tasks, proactively and creatively solve problems, and consistently meet deadlines with excellence;
• Experience managing departmental budgets or finances preferred;
• Exceptional ability in written and oral communications, experience in cross-cultural communication preferred; and
• Fluency in Spanish (written and oral), preferred.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to https://careers-ijm.icims.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.