We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President of Justice System Transformation (SVP JST) will provide executive support to the SVP JST by anticipating the needs of the SVP JST and the JST team members. The position resolves operational and administrative issues before they arise and executes expertly on the tasks and projects under their purview. This position also maintains the budget for the department and coordinates across the department with budget managers to maintain precision in the financial health of the team. This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the SVP JST.
• Represent the SVP JST by serving as liaison and communicating with internal staff on behalf of the SVP JST; serve as the public face of the department, including communication with external partners and hosting SVP JST’s guests;
• Manage SVP JST’s schedule and implement strategies to accommodate work time amongst ad hoc, recurring, executive-level and urgent-response meetings; coordinate logistics for meetings led by the SVP JST;
• Proactively provide briefings and develop agendas to equip the facilitation and participation of internal and external meetings;
• Draft and/or edit correspondence including memoranda, reports, e-mails, presentations, and other documents on behalf of the SVP JST to ensure excellence in all communication;
• Flag and ensure follow-up on significant pieces of e-mail and other correspondence, working with others in the organization to ensure timely follow-up;
• Advance action items for the SVP JST’s meetings with direct reports, team, and other meetings as needed; track deadlines based on agreed upon priorities and deadlines;
• Coordinate domestic and international travel, as well as meetings that are part of SVP JST’s travel, providing advances and briefings and ensuring time away is effective and maximized;
• Assist with reporting to IJM leadership and Board members;
• Coordinate development and delivery of the SVP JST’s speeches and presentations to external audiences, including liaising with other departments in creating timelines for development of speeches and multi-media presentations, editing speeches, and coordinating meetings and rehearsals;
• Develop and maintain SVP JST’s confidential electronic filing and tracking systems; and
• Model excellence and professionalism for the organization in attire, language, attitude, and demeanor.
• Coordinate department-level action and deadline management to ensure on-time submission of deliverables; maintain systems and processes to collect and analyze monthly outcomes for internal and external reporting;
• Direct and coordinate Global Programs Orientation Week sessions for new staff, interns, and fellows;
• Provide onboarding sessions for new members of the department; and
• Engage in team care: celebrating birthdays, work anniversaries, big life events, etc. to boost team morale and assist the SVP JST in understanding the needs of the department.
Budget Management & Tracking
• Manage and analyze the department budget on a monthly reporting cycle; track and account for budget transfers, off-line budget requests and approvals, and reports;
• Facilitate the annual budget process according to Finance guidelines and procedures;
• Review all requests for SVP JST approval for accuracy and accountability to the Finance Manual; and
• Prepare all Finance paperwork for the SVP JST.
Internal Evaluation & Learning Support
• Assist with development and maintenance of department’s knowledge management solution; and
• Assist with development and execution of knowledge sharing initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education, experience and certification;
• Minimum of three years of experience of which two years spent providing top-level administrative and project management support in a fast-paced, professional environment;
• Superior administrative capacity to manage multiple competing priorities and detailed projects with minimal oversight and excellent prioritization;
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain complex systems and processes used to manage large volumes of information;
• Extensive experience managing the schedule and conducting travel advance work for a frequently traveling executive;
• Extensive experience managing budgets, tracking revenue, and analysis;
• Exemplary written and oral communication, including experience with editing Executive correspondence;
• Demonstrated ability to earn and maintain trust in working relationships with ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information;
• Adept at providing quality customer-service to a variety of constituencies; and
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, (including Word, XLS, PPT), experience with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft SharePoint, and Visio preferred.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to https://careers-ijm.icims.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.