Who We Are
We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Financial Analyst will assist with activities relating to the creation and stewardship of IJM’s strategic plan and budget. Based out of the Washington, DC area, this position will be a crucial part of the Global Business Solutions team, reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, and supporting the initiatives of the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and the Vice President of Global Strategy & Execution.
Annual Budget Planning
• Partner and collaborated with budget owners to create budgets on annual basis to create accurate and detailed;
• Provide subject matter expertise to respond an assist with inquiries from budget owners in a timely manner;
• Gather data from key internal and partners to assist with creation of budget assumptions; and
• Provide assistance with data entry of budgets as necessary.
• Track budget versus actuals on a monthly basis to analyze and research variance. Work with accounting to ensure budget are appropriate and applicable;
• Work with budgets owners on under/over spends to ensure budgets are followed throughout the year;
• Create and provide reporting for budget owners as necessary in timely and responsive manner; and
• Assist with creation of financial reports as needed for internal stakeholders.
• Assist budget owners with stewarding budgets appropriately ensuring prosper planning and utilization; and
• Partner with budget owners and relevant internal partners to providing budget for new expenditures.
Budget Tool Administration
• Maintain budget tool accuracy monthly ensuring attention to details;
• Maintain chart of accounts and org structure, ensuring relevant details are captured;
• Ensure accuracy of foreign currency conversions are maintained on a regular basis;
• Ensure proper access for budget owners by adding users and ensuring permission are setup; and
• Maintain mapping between budget tool and ERP system ensuring efficient and relevant flow of data between systems.
• A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on finance or accounting;
• Working knowledge of basic accounting concepts;
• 2 year of experience involving financial analysis and budgeting using multiple levels (FP&A, Accounting, Program Management);
• Moderate to Advanced excel (pivot tables, vlookup, conditional formatting);
• Workday and Adaptive Insights experience optional, but a plus; and
• Able to handle confidential information with care.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to https://careers-ijm.icims.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.