We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Human Resources Operations Lead is responsible for delivering high quality HR service for US based employees and expatriates and ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the Global Director of HR in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities. The HR Operations Lead will provide management leadership and oversight to the People Services delivery team, who are responsible for responding to staff HR operational inquiries. This position reports to the Global Director of HR and is located at IJM’s Arlington, VA office.
HR Services Delivery
• Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to administration and maintenance of compensation and employee benefits programs.
• Develop, implement and control programs in a manner that is line with IJM’s goals and vision and ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
• Manage administration of benefits programs, including conducting analysis and serving as primary contract with providers (including group health and life), workers' compensation, unemployment and retirement plans.
• Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent, relevant data and information.
• Ensure delivery, generation and analysis of ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, affirmative action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc.
• Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management.
• Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management, employees and retirees accordingly.
• Assist the Global Director of HR in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
Client Engagement and Satisfaction
• Work with leadership to develop and meet service level objectives and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Interacts and works closely with leadership to identify needs and gaps in HR Services and build sustainable solutions with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
• Act as subject matter expert and main point of contact for management of human resources compliance activities including I9 verifications, mandatory postings and notifications, background checks, lifecycle documentations, etc.
• Build engagement strategies that ensures a positive working relationship with the broader People Operations team and employees by frequently communicating and soliciting feedback from all parties.
• Design, implement and manage Global People Support Business Continuity Plan to ensure organizational readiness in the event of emergency or service disruption.
• Build a service oriented and solution focused culture.
• Responsible for hiring, training, coaching and assessing staff performance.
• Manage resource allocation and maintain appropriate staffing assignments.
• Drive team activities ensuring process improvement and overall completion of team goals.
• Actively engage with team on problems/conflict resolution, coaching, counseling and training and development.
• Develop job aids, scripts and training materials for the team and the organization.
• Demonstrate broad HR knowledge, providing team with relevant information, policy explanation and navigation support.
• Foster a culture of spiritual health and integrity by setting an example of mature, authentic Christian discipleship.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and/or education;
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in HR; Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory/management experience;
• 3 years or more as an HR Generalist or Employee Relations Specialist;
• Experience must demonstrate high degree of familiarity with HCMS;
• Demonstrated experience interacting with employees at all levels and providing excellent customer service;
• Ability to handle and manage multiple assignments and projects while effectively balancing schedules and ad hoc requests;
• Superb oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in a clear, concise and effective manner;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with employees;
• Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service and costs;
• Proven experience developing procedures; additional experience with process improvement a plus;
• PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred;
• Prior experience abroad or in a global organization required; and
• Superior standard of discretion and confidentiality; does not compromise the integrity of HR’s role as the steward of highly sensitive information.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Able to establish trust and credibility;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.