We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Programs and Strategy Project Coordinator will provide coordination and general project support to the Global People Support (GPS) Division. The position will support the division through dynamic thinking, collaboration, and managing multiple competing priorities, projects, and tasks. This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Director, Programs and Strategy.
• Provide general administrative support to department initiatives and projects. This includes but is not limited to maintaining inboxes and providing logistical support for project trainings and team meetings;
• Draft and edit correspondence on behalf of the Programs and Strategy team, including agendas, memoranda, reports, emails, and other documents to ensure excellent communication from the offices;
• Serve as liaison and primary point of contact between departments, and internal and external parties, appropriately directing inquiries and concerns;
• Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others;
• Keep the Project Managers (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations;
• Coordinate development and delivery of the offices’ presentations to external audiences
• Compile, and produce accurate reports as needed, using data points captured in various tracking systems;
• Assist in compiling and creating visually compelling presentations, to include formatting, editing, image creation;
• Compile, organize, and maintain confidential physical and electronic documentation for meetings, case files, projects, reports and office archives;
• Summarize team meetings, disseminate notes to relevant parties, and track action-step responses, working closely with the Program Managers;
• Manage the department SharePoint sites, providing appropriate levels of access to information;
• Coordinate, execute, and evaluate logistics for various levels of meetings throughout the year, including remote meetings;
• Assist in coordinating team onboarding of new staff;
• Coordinate activities that support team engagement; and
• Assist with other project support and administrative duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education;
• Minimum of two years of experience providing high-level administrative support in a fast-paced, professional environment;
• Experience coordinating travel, managing calendars and processing expenses;
• Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills;
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment;
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
• Strong ability in multi-tasking and organizational skills;
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Power Point, experience with Microsoft SharePoint strongly preferred; and
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and work as part of a team.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to https://careers-ijm.icims.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.