We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Human Resources Operations Manager will provide management leadership and oversight to the People Services delivery team, who are responsible for responding to employee and manager HR inquiries and supporting operational processing activities.
• Responsible for hiring, training, coaching and assessing staff performance
• Manage resource allocation and maintain appropriate staffing assignments
• Maintain focus on process improvement and overall employee productivity
• Actively engage with team on problems/conflict resolution, coaching, counseling, and training and development
• Provide subject matter expertise and guidance for the team
• Develop job aids, scripts and training materials for the team and the organization
• Demonstrate broad HR knowledge, providing team with relevant information, policy explanation and navigation support
• Work with leadership to develop and meet service level objectives and identify opportunities for improvement
• Interacts and works closely with leadership to identify deliverable gaps and possible solutions
• Respond to challenging needs of internal customers and act as an escalation point for team
• Point of contact for and management of human resources compliance activities including I9 verifications, mandatory postings and notifications, background checks, lifecycle documentations, etc.
• Ensures a positive working relationship with the broader People Operations team and employees by frequently communicating and soliciting feedback from all parties
• Implement and manage Global People Support Business Continuity Plan to ensure organizational readiness in the event of emergency or service disruption
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR
• Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory/management experience
• Three years or more as an HR Generalist or Employee Relations Specialist
• Demonstrated experience interacting with employees at all levels and providing excellent customer service
• Ability to handle and manage multiple assignments and projects while effectively balancing schedules and ad hoc requests
• Knowledge of general HR policies/programs and the ability to communicate such programs in a concise way to employees
• Superb oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in a clear, concise and effective manner
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with employees
• Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service and costs
• Accomplishes commitments towards goals and objectives by motivating and building a team; motivates individuals and groups by creating a positive work environment
• Proven experience developing procedures; additional experience with process improvement a plus
• HCM software experience required
• PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
• Prior experience abroad or in a global organization required
• Superior standard of discretion and confidentiality; does not compromise the integrity of HR’s role as the steward of highly sensitive information
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, global work environment
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
• Self-starter with strong initiative
• Disciplined with priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment
• Adept at creative problem solving
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.