Who We Are
We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Senior Program Manager leads project management and content management for IJM’s Global Advancement Resources team—the team that sources compelling content from around the world and crafts that material into beautiful stories, proposals and reports, organization-wide messaging and other strategic pieces. This position ensures that systems, projects and processes are set up to enable GAR team members to work efficiently and joyfully in gathering, creating and disseminating content for advancement staff across six global offices.
• Serve as GAR’s integration lead for division-wide projects, representing GAR in project launch meetings, coordinating with the Director of GAR to evaluate team capacity to execute projects, ensuring that team tasks are clearly articulated and ensuring that reasonable timelines are established.
• Manage all GAR input and analysis for annual divisional capacity planning, to ensure the most strategic and efficient use of resources, and to determine manageable workloads for GAR staff.
• Lead the team in the development and management of an annual editorial calendar, outlining all content the team will need to gather and develop to support the division’s strategic plan.
• Proactively identify roadblocks, bottlenecks, and risks in team processes and systems, implement solutions to help the team work efficiently and joyfully, and help identify best practices to be implemented across regions.
• Coordinate with communications managers to recommend stories and content for non-region specific, division-wide projects.
• Design and conduct training initiatives to ensure that new team members are familiar with GAR project and content management processes and systems.
• Take full ownership for maintenance and oversight of IJM’s Digital Asset Management Library (DAML), including management of a contractor for ongoing asset categorization and library management. Serve as GAR’s representative on the requirements gathering and development of a comprehensive Content Management System, and the migration of data between systems.
• Serve as GAR’s expert on Salesforce, leading the implementation and ongoing management of the master calendar of all proposals and reports, serving as point of contact for those requesting services from the GAR team, assigning work to six writers and ensuring they stay on track to meet their deadlines.
• Collaborate with GA, IJM’s Internal Communications team, and other divisions to determine and manage the rhythms of equipping externally-facing staff with field and other organizational updates, such as the timing and format of regular field update meetings and the release of new messaging documents.
• Manage and streamline global communication resources SharePoint sites and Box.com folders to ensure they provide clear and easy access to information for the GAR team, GA division and the wider organization.
• Establish and maintain reporting to track all restricted giving that is anticipated or committed across revenue streams, to guide fundraisers in strategically pitching funding opportunities based on IJM’s greatest needs.
Team Management and Coaching
• Foster a culture of spiritual health and integrity by setting an example of mature, authentic Christian discipleship.
• Supervise and lead the Proposal Writer, including hiring, training, developing and managing performance. Supervise and lead the DAML contractor, including drafting and securing approval of the contract, providing ongoing support and ensuring successful completion of all deliverables.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, IJM policies and best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• 7 years of work experience, with 3-5 years of project management experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment;
• PMP certification preferred;
• Experience in the nonprofit sector managing fundraising, advocacy or communication initiatives preferred;
• Demonstrated experience managing and executing multiple projects in a fast-paced, cross-cultural environment with minimal oversight;
• Extensive experience developing systems that have fostered cross-team collaboration, proven ability to lead through influence, and experience building trust across teams;
• Exceptional facilitation skills and ability to communicate complex information in a simple, concise manner; and
• High level of proficiency Microsoft Office and Sharepoint required; experience with Teamwork and digital asset management systems strongly preferred.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document to https://careers-ijm.icims.com
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.