We’re International Justice Mission, and we believe that justice for the poor is possible. As the world’s largest anti-slavery organization, our mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
The Senior Criminal Analyst will provide expertise to the development of a fully operational Criminal Intelligence Center; collaborating with Field Office and HQ leadership to identify key information requirements; identifying pertinent sources of information; collecting and collating information and data from a variety of different sources; analyzing information to understand patterns of criminal activity; profiling and targeting criminals and their networks in support of law enforcement actions; identifying victims for rescue; and effectively communicating relevant and actionable information to IJM field offices and partners to enhance IJM’s work with local law enforcement partners.
• Provide direction and expertise to the development of a fully operational Criminal Intelligence Center at IJM Headquarters;
• Work with the Director of the Criminal Intelligence Center to implement appropriate processes, policies, and protocols for collection, analysis, and dissemination of information;
• Assist in developing and maintaining intelligence and operational best practices for the Criminal Intelligence Center, IJM, and IJM partners;
• Provide technical expertise and training on analytical software and tools used to enhance data collection and reporting;
• Provide consultative support and guidance as required to the local Data Systems Specialist on data collection requirements and quality data assurance;
• Alongside the IJM Operations Center, maintain global situational awareness that directly impacts casework, as well as the safety and security of IJM personnel, facilities, and partners in the field; and
• Advise decision-makers on various criminal targets, patterns, locations, modus operandi, and activities that affect IJM tactical, operational, and strategic planning.
• Collaborate with field office and national leadership to develop focused collection requirements that enhance investigative work with local law enforcement partners;
• Along with the Director of the Criminal Intelligence Center, work with IJM leadership to identify strategic level collection requirements;
• Assist in identifying potential collaborative partners for the Criminal Intelligence Center data sharing initiatives; and
• Facilitate the development and support of strong working relationships with private and public partners to ensure successful information sharing.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the laws and elements of evidence for the crimes IJM’s government partners investigate and prosecute to assist in narrowing the focus of data collection and analysis;
• Cultivate familiarity with the culture, history, and government of assigned areas of operation to ensure successful synergy of local and global intelligence collection and analysis;
• Identify and exploit a range of sources for relevant information collection;
• Process and determine significance of incoming reports to IJM’s Investigations & Law Enforcement Development (ILED) data system;
• Conduct full range of analysis of complex data to identify pertinent and key criminal elements, networks, relationships, patterns, and behavior, including but not limited to: identifying key trends in trafficking, detecting previously unknown victims and perpetrators, identifying high value criminal targets, determining locations associated with criminal activity, mapping out criminal networks, and ascertaining criminal tactics, techniques, and procedures;
• Produce and distribute timely, responsive, and quality intelligence products that directly meet Headquarters (HQ) and Field Office (FO) investigative requirements;
• Increase the Criminal Intelligence Center’s effectiveness, efficiency, and organizational capabilities by continuously assessing responsiveness and value of intelligence products and re-focusing collection requirements as necessary; and
• Develop and present strategic intelligence products and briefings to senior IJM leadership as required for organizational planning.
• Participate in IJM’s spiritual formation, professional development, and staff care programs; and
• Assist with the identification, recruitment, and employment of a cadre of qualified Volunteers to act as a force multiplier to the Criminal Intelligence Center’s organic capabilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Political Science, Security Studies, Criminal Justice or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Master’s Degree highly preferred;
• Minimum 7-10 years of experience as an intelligence analyst or open-source research specialist within the government, military, law enforcement, or private sector;
• Minimum 3-5 years of specific experience in the analysis of commercial, criminal, insurgent, or terrorism networks;
• Extensive knowledge of the intelligence cycle;
• Advanced research skills;
• Demonstrated analytical capability of complex data with proven record of effective products;
• Objectivity, integrity, and intellectual honesty;
• High level of proficiency in computer and technical skills;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication (can make complex, technical concepts easy to understand);
• Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice; and
• Strong leadership skills.
The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.